Undergraduate students (junior standing or higher) and graduate students may apply for membership in Omicron Delta Kappa. Access to the online application is available during the first three weeks of each semester. Faculty, alumni, and honorary membership is by nomination only, rather than by an application. For more information call 301-314-8428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate and Graduate Membership
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student standing.
- Rank in upper thirty-five percent of applicant’s respective class.
- Receive a minimum number of Activity Points.
- Distinguish herself/himself in one of the five areas of leadership.
- Be of unquestioned good character.
- Receive a positive membership vote of seventy-five percent of the active circle present and voting.
Faculty, Alumni, and Honorary Membership
Individuals who have achieved distinction in his or her own field of expertise, or who have rendered unusually significant service through his or her leadership in significant causes may be elected into Faculty, Alumni, or Honorary membership in Omicron Delta Kappa. Nominations are made by current or alumni members of ODK. Qualifications include exemplary character, scholarship and intelligence, service and leadership in campus or community life, good citizenship, and fellowship and consecration to democratic ideals.
Alumni must have graduated more than 5 years prior to their nomination. Likewise, faculty and staff nominees must have served the campus community for at least 5 years.